Movember Charity Challenge 2019

The place to discuss non cycling issues.

Moderator: John Weatheritt

afcbian

Movember Charity Challenge 2019

Postby afcbian » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:48 am

All,
As a community based Club we believe it is important to support causes and events locally where we can.
In this vein, we would like this year to encourage as many members as possible to participate in "Movember".
In addition, any partners of members can join in too, the more the merrier.
Our challenge will have a few slight variations.

Firstly, all proceeds will go directly to one of our local cancer charities, CLAN.
CLAN are a locally based cancer support charity doing great work supporting people and families.
https://www.clanhouse.org/

Secondly, all participants will keep their MOs and present them at the Christmas night out for group photo on 6th December.

The basic rules of Movember will apply but we will also allow "Lamb Chops" just for fun.

The plan would be for photo updates on growth progress on the following dates;
1st, 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th and 30th then finally 6th December.

All participants would pay £5 to take part then look to raise a few pounds from family and friends.
If we can get 20 participants raising £25 each then we can raise a decent £500.....that would be great.
In addition, the updates would be on whatsapp and those just wanting to view the silly photos would pay £5 to be added to the group. If you've donated to a specific participant then its free.

If you would like to take part, please whatsapp/text/email me directly.
All funds can be collected on 30th November and the club can present a cheque to the charity thereafter.

I hope we can get lots of you involved and all you ladies will also encourage the men to take part. Its just a laugh but will raise needed funds for those that really need it...........Come on, go for it and do something really great.
I ride, therefore I am

Return to “Chit Chat”