What is a Confined Series TT

A series of local TTs open to club members only.
baldieheidit

What is a Confined Series TT

Postby baldieheidit » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:35 am

It is proposed that every year, the club will run a series of Time Trials which will be confined to fully paid up member of Insch CC only, plus any invitees who are not members of any cycling club and who have been invited to participate with a view to joining the club.

The series usually starts around mid April and ends in mid September to allow for the lighter nights, and comprises 10 or so events (1 per fortnight on a Tuesday evening - or a similar arrangement).

A handicap or rider classification system ensures that everyone is “equal” and there are points for those that improve from last season and throughout this season, which encourages participation and improvement.

Riders can wear any Appropriate cycle clothing and participate on any road legal bicycle.

A trophy will be awarded to the best Club Rider and other prizes and medals for different placings and different classes, as well as for Seniors, Veterans and Ladies etc, which will need to be decided. These prizes will be awarded at a Prize Giving evening.

The Confined course has yet to be decided upon. The A920 course from Colpy, turning prior to the Drum Garage cross roads at Wartle and back is an option, as is the Insch to Kennethment, turning in the distillery junction and back to Insch. (Once decided upon, I can arrange for the course to be officially measured and we can run Open events on the course too).

The Insch to Kennethmont course may be better as it is closer to the Leisure Centre for changing and warming up etc.

Please let me know your thoughts so that we can get this competition organised for 2014.

We will need timekeepers and a turn marshall for each Confined event as well, and this is a serious consideration for us as we move forward as a club.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

regards

Nick
Viva la Baked Bean!

afcbian

Re: What is a Confined Series TT

Postby afcbian » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Great idea Nick.
I'd give it a crack, before I'm too old and/or assist with marshalling etc
I ride, therefore I am

oldgit

Postby oldgit » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:56 am

Count me in Nick and I would also be willing to assist with marshalling etc.
Barry

baldyginger

Postby baldyginger » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:03 am

Nick,

I'm in too. Should also be able to do some marshalling.

John B

baldieheidit

Postby baldieheidit » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:23 am

Well after some consultation during the Insch CC beer festival, we seem to have settled on Insch to Kennethmont as the Confined 10 mile out and back course. I will crack on and get this all measured up. Col Duncan, I see you're on this forum, I will be needing your assistance min.
Viva la Baked Bean!

Col Duncan

Postby Col Duncan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:34 pm

baldieheidit wrote:Well after some consultation during the Insch CC beer festival, we seem to have settled on Insch to Kennethmont as the Confined 10 mile out and back course. I will crack on and get this all measured up. Col Duncan, I see you're on this forum, I will be needing your assistance min.

Nae bother Nick. Just let me ken what yi need a hand with and when.

Megster

Postby Megster » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Nick, will give it a bash and will take my turn helping out.

Megan

Return to “Time Trial Series (Confined)”